Dr. Wolfson is an allergist/immunologist and clinical researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital and Instructor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. She is also the Director for Quality and Safety of MGH Allergy and Immunology. Her research interests include drug allergy including vaccine allergy, and clinically she sees patients with drug allergies, chronic urticaria, and many more allergic diseases. Dr. Wolfson completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston and her Allergy/Immunology fellowship at MGH.
A selection of Dr. Wolfson's scientific publications
- Wolfson AR, Robinson LB, Li L, McMahon AE, Cogan AS, Fu X, Wickner P, Samarakoon U, Saff RR, Blumenthal KG, Banerji A. First-Dose mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine Allergic Reactions: Limited Role for Excipient Skin Testing. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021. Online ahead of print.
- Banerji A, Wolfson AR, Wickner PG, Cogan AS, McMahon AE, Saff R, Robinson LB, Phillips E, Blumenthal KG. COVID-19 Vaccination in Patients with Reported Allergic Reactions: Updated Evidence and Suggested Approach. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021;9(6):2135-8.
- Blumenthal KG, Freeman EE, Saff RR, Robinson LB, Wolfson AR, Foreman RK, Hashimoto D, Banerji A, Li L, Anvari S, Shenoy ES. Delayed Large Local Reactions to mRNA-1273 Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2. N Engl J Med. 2021;384(13):1273-7.
- Banerji A, Wickner PG, Saff R, Stone CA Jr, Robinson LB, Long AA, Wolfson AR, Williams P, Khan DA, Phillips E, Blumenthal KG. mRNA Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19 Disease and Reported Allergic Reactions: Current Evidence and Suggested Approach. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021;9(4):1423-37.
- Wolfson AR, Mancini C, Banerji A, Fu X, Bryant AS, Phadke NA, Shenoy ES, Arman W, Zhang Y, Blumenthal KG. Penicillin Allergy Assessment in Pregnancy: Safety and Impact on Antibiotic Use. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021;9(3):1338-46.
- Maguire M, Hayes BD, Fuh L, Elshaboury R, Gandhi RG, Bor S, Shenoy ES, Wolfson AR, Mancini C, Blumenthal KG. Beta-lactam antibiotic test doses in the emergency department. World Allergy Organ J. 2020;13(1):100093.
- Barmettler S, Wolfson A, Yang N, Fu X, Blumenthal K, Banerji A. Outpatient oxaliplatin desensitizations: A process improvement evaluation. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2019;123(6):605-7.
- Phadke NA, Wolfson AR, Mancini C, Fu X, Goldstein SA, Ngo J, Wasfy JH, Long A, Banerji A, Blumenthal KG. Electronic Consultations in Allergy/Immunology. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019;7(8):2594-602.
- Wright A, Rubins D, Shenoy ES, Wickner PG, McEvoy D, Wolfson AR, Carballo VA, Blumenthal KG. Clinical decision support improved allergy documentation of antibiotic test dose results. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019;7(8):2919-21.
- Blumenthal KG, Li Y, Hsu JT, Wolfson AR, Berkowitz DN, Carballo VA, Schwartz JM, Marquis KA, Elshaboury R, Gandhi RG, Lambl BB, Freeley MM, Gruszecki A, Wickner PG, Shenoy ES. Outcomes from an inpatient beta-lactam allergy guideline across a large US health system. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2019;40(5):528-35.
- Wolfson AR, Zhou L, Li Y, Phadke NA, Chow OA, Blumenthal KG. Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) Syndrome Identified in the Electronic Health Record Allergy Module. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2019;7(2):633-40.
- Blumenthal KG, Wolfson AR, Li Y, Seguin CM, Phadke NA, Banerji A, Mort E. Allergic Reactions Captured by Voluntary Reporting. J Patient Saf. 2019. Published online.